Welcome to Trent Rowing Club
Trent Rowing Club is located next to the Burton Bridge in Burton upon Trent. The Club was officially founded in 1863, although there is evidence that River Trent boatmen were competing under the name of Trent Rowing Club in professional competitions prior to this date. Nottingham Trent University Rowing Club is also often refered to as "Trent", but Trent Rowing Club in Burton upon Trent remains the original Trent! In the late 19th century there were three established rowing clubs in Burton, Trent Rowing Club, Burton Rowing Club, and Burton Leander Rowing Club. Early in the 20th Century Burton Rowing Club and Burton Leander Rowing Club amalgamated leaving two clubs in the town, Trent Rowing Club and Burton Leander Rowing Club.